VIRGINIE LINDER's Fundraiser
Support survivors of human trafficking
Help me hit my goal of $5, 000. Make a difference, please give today.
We are no longer accepting donations on this campaign, but there are other ways for you to support us today!
$5,030 towards $5,000
Why am I here? Who am I? I am a woman willing to take action and help.
Teaching meditation and supporting women facing a transition in their lives is my mission today. Sharing time with women and children in India is my next step. Both go hand in hand. Supporting, helping, sharing.
I grew up spending endless hours with my mother's best friend who was a yoga teacher. He would tell me about yoga, pranayama and spirituality from India. Yoga is a word I discovered early. I love it. During my studies I discovered the word Seva. And here I am. I am willing to serve women and children from a country that has brought me so many teachings. It's time to return the favour big time.
For any donation, I will offer you the following:
- 3 months coaching for $2,100 donation (2 seats available)
- meditation teaching, including receiving your personal mantra during a ceremony for a $360 donation ( 4 seats available)
- breathwork session for a $50 donation (10 seats available)
All sessions will be available from September 2022 to December 2022 so donate and book ASAP!
Thank you for your attention and participation!
Our Mission is to combat human trafficking and sexual exploitation by empowering women and children around the globe through education and entrepreneurial opportunities.
Our Belief is that no situation is beyond hope. As India is the birthplace of yoga, we believe it is our duty to give back to a culture that has given the international yoga community so much.
Learn more on the Yoga Medicine® Seva Foundation website
The Yoga Medicine® Seva Foundation partners with Her Future Coalition, a 501c3 with 15-years of proven success. This partnership allows us to support the most impactful programs that combat human trafficking and gender-based violence around the globe with boots and hearts on the ground. Yoga Medicine® Seva Foundation is able to direct funds exactly where needed most – women and children rescued from, or at high risk for various forms of modern slavery.
Since 2015, the Seva Foundation has:
● Raised over $340,000 through 1060+ individual donors
● Reached over 1000 women and girls providing, shelter, education & employment
● Provides ongoing support to over 10 shelters and centers
● Expanded our fundraising team to 60+ members
WHAT WE'RE DOING
Our 2019-2021 fundraising will support the following:
- COVID Relief - emergency food & water distribution provided to over 1,000 people, medical kits including essentials such as Tylenol, thermometer, soap and masks, social worker to check on families and supply information about COVID.
- COVID Recovery - supplied 60 girls with tablets, wifi data cards, tutors and teachers to ensure they have access to virtual learning.
- Ongoing Programs - Shelter, Drop-In Centers, Remedial Education and vocational Training.
- The Seva Center - renovating and furnishing a large workshop space in our beneficiary's new learning center! The space is centrally located in Kolkata and very accessible to the girls we serve. This space will aim to be a place to connect, feel support, receive resources, learn new skills, receive mental health counseling and education, and dream of brighter futures.
The Seva Center will focus on healing and community-building through modalities such as yoga, education, meditation, arts therapy, and women's health workshops.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Every dollar counts whether you donate $10, $100 or $1000. See below what your donations can do:
- To provide a welcome kit upon rescue to one girl is $10
- To provide nourishing meals for one girl for one month is $20
- To educate one girl for one month is $30
- To educate that same girl for one year is $360
- To provide shelter for one girl for one month is $40
- To provide shelter for that same girl for one year is $480
- To provide economic empowerment through vocational training for one girl for one month is $50
- To provide economic empowerment for that same girl for one year is $600
2) JOIN our Fundraising Team
“Nothing liberates our greatness like the desire to help, the desire to serve.”
Interested in doing more than donating? JOIN THE TEAM! You can create your own campaign under ours and begin fundraising in your own area. It’s a great way to connect to the greater community and raise awareness on human trafficking.
Need inspiration? Host a donation-only class, potluck or silent auction.
Team members who raise a minimum of $5000 will have the opportunity to join us on our next trip to India Learn More Here
3) SHOP the Yoga Medicine® Seva Foundation Merch and proceeds are donated to the cause Shop Seva Merch Here
4) SHARE with your own communities. Don't underestimate the power of engaging with us on social media and/or sharing info on human trafficking. Raising awareness is the first step! Find us on Instagram here
The Yoga Medicine® Seva Foundation partners with the local anti-trafficking organization Her Future Coalition, (formally T.E.N. Charities) EIN# 37-1497985 is a Massachusetts non-profit corporation, (501c3 federal tax exempt), and your donation is tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law.
For all inquires please email Amanda at Seva@YogaMedicine.com or Amanda@HerFutureCoalition.org.