Since April 2019, you have helped me raise $8,581 dollars in my deceased father's name, Mohammad Wajed Hussain, who sincerely believed in the welfare of a girls life and her education. My wish is to continue raising money on his behalf because he would have wanted to give these girls a second chance.
Mission is to combat human trafficking and sexual exploitation by empowering women and children around the globe through education and entrepreneurial opportunities.
Belief is that no situation is beyond hope. As India is the birthplace of yoga, we believe it is our duty to give back to a culture that has given the international yoga community so much.
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
The Yoga Medicine® Seva Foundation partners with Her Future Coalition, a 501c3 with 15-years of proven success. This partnership allows us to support the most impactful programs that combat human trafficking and gender-based violence around the globe with boots and hearts on the ground. Yoga Medicine® Seva Foundation is able to direct funds exactly where needed most – women and children rescued from, or at high risk for various forms of modern slavery.
Since 2015, the Seva Foundation has:
● Raised over $340,000 through 1060+ individual donors
● Reached over 1000 women and girls providing, shelter, education & employment
● Provides ongoing support to over 10 shelters and centers
● Expanded our fundraising team to 60+ members
WHAT WE'RE DOING
Our 2019-2021 fundraising will support the following:
The Seva Center will focus on healing and community-building through modalities such as yoga, education, meditation, arts therapy, and women's health workshops.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Every dollar counts whether you donate $10, $100 or $1000. See below what your donations can do:
- To provide a welcome kit upon rescue to one girl is $10
- To provide nourishing meals for one girl for one month is $20
- To educate one girl for one month is $30
- To educate that same girl for one year is $360
- To provide shelter for one girl for one month is $40
- To provide shelter for that same girl for one year is $480
- To provide economic empowerment through vocational training for one girl for one month is $50
- To provide economic empowerment for that same girl for one year is $600
The Yoga Medicine® Seva Foundation partners with the local anti-trafficking organization Her Future Coalition, (formally T.E.N. Charities) EIN# 37-1497985 is a Massachusetts non-profit corporation, (501c3 federal tax exempt), and your donation is tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law.
For all inquires please email Amanda at Seva@YogaMedicine.com or Amanda@HerFutureCoalition.org or Mariya.email@example.com